Pennylands Camp,within the policies of Dumfries House was built around 1940 as a training camp for the Tank Corp.  It was also, during the 2nd World War, used as a transit camp and subsequently a prisoner of war camp for German and Italian PoWs.  At the end of the war it was used a repatriation camp for Polish soldiers prior to them returning home.  Little visible remains were left of the camp when construction work was begun on the site to build a new agricultural centre.

We were commissioned to photograph the site as the remains of the camp were uncovered during construction.   To provide comprehensive photographic coverage a mast was use to elevate the camera to a height of 5m.  Individual stills, panoramas and ortho-photography were provided.

Samples

Site Record Photography

Elevated Photography Mast

Copyright © David McCreadie 3D Measuring & Modelling Ltd 2018

Registered Scotland | SC521495